Applying for Working with Children Checks (WWCC) and National Police Checks (NPC)

Download the below instructions in pdf format here : WWCC and Police Checks Instructions

Working with Children Checks (WWCC)

  1. In order to apply for a Working With Children Check, go to and answer the required questions. If the WWCC is requested by an organization where you do voluntary work, tick ‘volunteer,’ this means you will not have to pay for the WWCC.
  1. If you have used another name, including maiden surnames or aliases, these need to be listed in the section ‘have you been known by another name.’
  1. List your residential address and any other address where you have lived in the past five years.
  1. Under organization please write:

St James the Apostle Catholic Church
336 Derrimut Road,
Hoppers Crossing North
VIC 3029
03 9401 6367

  1. Under Occupational Work Code please select number: 64. Religious Organisations.
  1. The next screen is meant for you to check your details one last time before you submit.
  1. In the next screen you will need to tick the box at the bottom to indicate that you agree with what you have read.
  1. Press print and take this sheet, together with a passport size photo (not older than 12 months) and a 100 points of identification, to a post office. (The parish is happy to refund any expenses incurred for the photo.)
  1. It is advised that you register your WWCC on the website. This will help you update your details when necessary. You can do this at:
  1. If you already have a WWCC all you need to do is to register with the WWCC website and then add St James’ Church as an employer and follow the instruction 4 and 5 above. This can be done also if you have an Employee card.
  1. (NB you can only have one card at the same time. If you initially had a Volunteer card but then needed an Employee card, the Volunteer card is cancelled. To confirm this please go to: and check the status of your card/s.)


National Police Checks (NPC)

You will need to download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader to use and fill out the NPC form.




  1. If you are asked to apply for a National Police Check, please go to: scroll down to ‘Apply for a national police check and download the file: Consent to Check and Release National Police Record. The file will open as a pdf on which you can enter your details online.
  1. In section C, under ‘postal address,’ please type in 336 Derrimut Road, Hoppers Crossing North VIC 3029. (NB We prefer if the police check comes to the parish office first and then we will forward it to you. It saves us having to chase it from you later.)
  1. In section D, ‘Is this certificate being paid for by an organization,’ please put X in the box. In the following boxes please type in:

Name of representative: Fr Jude Pirotta
Title: Parish Priest
Organisation: St James the ApostleCatholic Church
Address: 336 Derrimut Road, Hoppers Crossing North. VIC 3084
Tel: 03 9401 6367

  1. In section E, tick option 2, others: Parish Volunteer.

Name of organization and representative, as in 3 above.
CVF number: 13/2423

  1. When you are ready please print and bring it to the parish office together with 100 points of identification. They can be photocopied and certified at the parish office. The parish office will also pay for the police check. No photo is required for the police check.


Thank You




Subscribe to Our St James Bulletin

By subscribing you agree to receive our bulletin emails and agree with our Privacy Policy. Click the Subscribe button below and complete your registration by clicking on the confirmation link in the email message - check your Inbox or SPAM folder.
St James The Apostle